Twenty-eight shooters attended the June Clay Target Competition in Yass. A breeze came out of nowhere and challenged all of the squads for the day. The only red on the board was Justin Smith with 25/25 for the 25 target double barrel event.
There was a lot of excitement and possible envy about the new Perazzi shotgun, made in Italy, that Wayde Hawkins (from Bega) was christening at the competition.
Although he didn’t make it to the winners podium, he certainly shot well with an initial score of 21/25 for the double barrel event.
It was great to see so many people travelling to Yass to compete, including Colin Hawkins from Hawkesbury and Joh Grey from Bega.
It’s always great to have visitors to the club, whether they are competing or enjoying the social aspect. Congratulations once again to all the winners and podium finishers on the day.
Our next competition will be held on Sunday, July 16 at Stoney Creek. This will be a 100 Target Championship (50 targets double barrel and 50 targets point score). We look forward to seeing you at the club on Sunday.
25 target double barrel graded cash divide
- AA: Justin Smith (25/25); Phil Wales, Theo Lionatis, Paul Watchorn (24/25)
- A: David Polsen (21/25); Rex Murphy (20/250)
- B: Paul Box (22/25); Bob Churchill, John Gray (20/25)
- C: Ian Crisp (16/25); Lyn Green (14/25)
50 target point score championship
- O/A: Phil Wales (147/150)
- AA: Justin Smith (138/150); Matt Harris (136/150)
- A: Peter Southwell (131/150); Rex Murphy (116/150)
- B: Ray Kearns (124/150); Bob Churchill (118/150)
- C: Ian Crisp (101/150); Les Burchell (94/150)
25 target single barrel cash trophy
- AA: Phil Wales (24/26)
- A: Sharon McDonald (24/27)
- B: Ray Kearns (21/25)
- C: Ian Crisp (18/25)
- Phil Wales (194/200)