Thirty-nine shooters were greeted by an even coating of frost at the Yass Clay Target Club on Sunday morning for the July competition.
The shooters congregated on Saturday for a hearty practice session, in an attempt to prepare for the bitter cold which struck on Sunday.
The wood heater made short work of thawing out competitors and spectators alike, and the direct sunlight soon took care of the frozen water pipes.
The 100 double barrel targets on offer attracted a good number of regular faces and quite a few new faces.
The club was thrilled to see new shooters from Goulburn, Cowra, Tumut, Wagga Wagga, Sydney, and as far afield as the Northern Territory.
The results are as follows:
Event 1: 100 Target Championship
- Overall winner: Keith Beddie (196/200)
- AA: 1st – Phil Wales (195/200), 2nd – Ben Woodhouse (213/220)
- A: 1st – Sharon McDonald (177/200) , 2nd – Matt Green (176/200)
- B: 1st – Ray Kearns (171/200), 2nd – Paul Box (188/220)
- C: 1st – Dempsey Farrell-Gray (164/220), 2nd – Samuel Dun (160/220)
For more information, feel free to contact the Yass Clay Target Club on Facebook, or visit their website at http://yassclaytargetclub.com/index.html.