The next major event for the Yass and District Historical Society (YDHS) will be its ‘Farm Day’ at Cliftonwood (41 Irvine Drive, Yass) on Saturday, April 28 at 10am–4pm.
Cliftonwood is one of Yass’ most historic homes built in the early 1840s.
The event by YDHS will be in conjunction with the Yass Antique Farm Machinery Club, Canberra and Region Heritage Festival and the National Trust (ACT).
At the event will be the following activities:
- Demonstrations of steam engines, horse drawn and vintage farm machinery.
- Tractor-pulling demonstrations from 2.30pm.
- Tours of the historic Cliftonwood homestead
- Displays of antique and vintage kitchenalia
- Archaelological dig
- Carriage rides
- Morning tea and afternoon teas
- Sausage sizzle lunch
- Adults: $5
- Concession: $2
- Children: free
More information can be found on YDHS’s Facebook page.