The Yass Landcare Group’s next information evening will be on the topic of ‘Kangaroos in the landscape’.
Guest speaker Claire Wimpenny, an ecologist with the ACT Government, will speak on the current state of knowledge on the ecology of Eastern Grey Kangaroos.
This includes the kangaroos’:
- place in the landscape
- grazing and browsing habits
- ecological benefits and pressures
- social behaviours
- life cycle
- breeding behaviour and population trends; and
- management options for landholders (both graziers and others) with an interest in maintaining complex biodiverse grasslands and wooded areas.
The Yass Landcare Group has also invited a speaker from the NSW Government’s Office of Environment and Heritage to advise on the state’s position.
An hour’s presentation and questions will be followed by a supper of tea and sticky buns with a chance to have informal discussion with the presenters. The group will then reconvene for a 30-minute meeting with forward planning.
Non-members who wish to participate in the last part of the evening are welcome to suggest ideas for future activities, such as field days, projects, funding needs and opportunities, and other issues of note.
The Yass Landcare Group information evening will be on Wednesday July 11 from 7.30pm at the Local Land Services (LLS) office on Mitchell Street in Yass.
- For cateri ng purposes, please RSVP to: firstname.lastname@example.org