Stove top catches alight in Jugiong home

A stove top caught alight inside of a Jugiong home around 6.30pm on Thursday.

Stove top fire. Photo: Tanya Lake

Stove top fire. Photo: Tanya Lake

Firefighters from the Jugiong Rural Fire Brigade and Harden Fire and Rescue arrived at Parkes Street quickly to contain the fire.

The stove top was damaged and there was some smoke damage to the kitchen, NSW RFS District Officer, based at the Harden Fire Control Centre, David Lee said.

"People need to make sure they keep everything maintained, including heaters and cooking tops clean, and stay vigilant and keep an eye on things when cooking," Mr Lee said.