It is estimated between 8,000 to 10,000 people raced to the annual Classic Yass car show on Saturday, November 2 to view 333 cars and enjoy the Vintage Fashion Parade, live dancing, music and more.
Classic Yass organiser Keiran Laurent said numbers were similar to last year, despite cancellation of Yass Rotary Club's popular Billy Cart Derby at the event due to drought.
All the money raised at Classic Yass, run by volunteers from Yass Antique Motor Club, goes to Can Assist, Rye Park Public School, Scouts and Yass Rotary.
Early calculations suggest Rye Park Public raised about $1000 with their Devonshire teas.
Yass Valley mayor Rowena Abbey officially opened the 14th Classic Yass.
"What a great turnout. It's spectacular to see the wonderful range of cars and the effort people put into looking after their vehicles," Cr Abbey said.
"It's a beautiful piece of history, seeing the cars and fashion come together."
Racing legend and Classic Yass special guest Jim Richards said the cars on display on Saturday were "absolutely fabulous".
"They're polished immaculately. Some have driven 500 kilometres," he said.
This is the second year Mr Richards has taken time out of his busy schedule to visit Classic Yass and offer signings to fans.
The seven-time Bathurst 1000 winner is still the face of Shannons and races old cars. He says he enjoys it as much today as he did at the start.
Vintage fashions are as much a part of Classic Yass as the cars and there were 31 entries in this year's parade.
Fashion designer and full-time mum, Janet Pozzi, hand made outfits for herself and her three daughters.
"Some have taken about a month; I made mine in the past week," she said.
The fabrics from Spotlight made dresses, bonnets and gloves.
Mrs Pozzi said it was fun to showcase the outfits in the fashion parade.
Classic Car Award Winners
- Most Original Vehicle Pre-1960 - 1953 Ford Zephry Mkl (Bill May)
- Most Original Vehicle Post-1960 - 1975 Holden Torana (David Laybutt)
- Oldest Vehicle - 1914 Hupmobile 32 (Jim Kennedy)
- Classic Motorbike - K7 Royal Enfield Model J (Sonia Golden)
- Classic Daily Driver - 1964 Ford XM Falcon (Brett Minion)
- Classic Commercial Vehicle - 1980 Holden WB 1 Tonner (Michelle Caldow)
- Classic Sedan/Station Wagon - 1968 VE Valiant Chrysler (Tony Tallarida)
- Classic Sports Car - 1970 MGB GT (Col Spicer)
- Classic Race Car - 1953 Austin Special Open Wheeler (Keiran Laurent)
- Classic Australian Vehicle - 1969 Holden Monaro (Grant Middleton)
- Classic American Vehicle - Ford Mustang GT (Ron Hall)
- Classic English Vehicle - E Type Jag Series III V12 (Peter Reynolds)
- Classic Asian Vehicle - Datsun 180B Wagon (Andrew McKellar)
- Classic European Vehicle - 1978 MG B (Ann Nicholson)
- Classic Hot Rod - 1934 Ford Coupe (Terry and Tania Locke)
- Classic Muscle Car - 1979 Pontiac TransAm (Paul Blackmore)
- Roaring Twenties (1920-29 and earlier) - 1925 Chevrolette Superior K (Peter Murphy)
- Jazzed Up - 1933 Dodge Roadstar (Kevin Gallimore)
- Swing it - 1949 Armstrong Siddeley Typhoon (Alex Elliott)
- Rockin' and Rollin - 1957 Ford Thunderbird (Darron and Janelle Kavanagh)
- Feelin' Groovey - 1965 Ford Falcon Convertible Coup (John Masia)
- Disco Fever - 1978 Leyland Mini LS (Mark Travers)
- Family Summer Holiday 1960s - 1960 FB Utility and Camper (Glen and Wendy Woolfrey)
- Family Summer Holiday 1970s - 1974 Citroen DS 23 Pallas (Greta Michelsen)
- Drive-In Movie Motoring Memories - 1971 Valiant Charger (Duncan Waugh)
- Best Vehicle Display - 1954 Vanguard Spacemaster and Camper (Charlie and Sharon Thompson)
- Best Fashion and Vehicle Combination - 1962 Chrysler Valiant Series (Chris and Lee Ann Bunt)
- Best Fashion and Vehicle Combination - 1965 Holden HD (Tiffany Temple)
- Most in the Spirit of the Event - 1964 Honda S600 (Matt Hill)
- Yass Antique Motor Club President's Choice - Vauxhall PA Cresta (Julie Lambert)