The man charged over the 1994 bombing of the National Crime Authority office in Adelaide will enter pleas when he returns to court in February.
Domenic Perre, 61, is charged with murder and attempted murder in relation to the bombing which claimed the life of Detective Sergeant Geoffrey Bowen and injured lawyer Peter Wallis.
He appeared in Adelaide Magistrates Court on Friday for ongoing argument over a possible hearing to test some of the evidence against him.
But the court was told that application had been abandoned and Perre's case was expected to be sent to the Supreme Court for trial when he next appears to enter pleas on February 17.
Gilbert Aitken, for Perre, said the defence had been provided with extra material by the prosecution and the hearing to test certain evidence was now no longer required.
"We are satisfied that we have enough material to do our job," Mr Aitken said.
At a previous hearing, the court was told that a "conga-line of informants" was the only new evidence against Perre, who is being held in custody.
Mr Aitken said then that those people were all "motivated by self-interest" and were "unconstrained by morality".
"They are as likely as unlikely to tell the truth depending on where their self-interest lies," he said.
Perre was arrested in 2018 following a joint investigation, lasting more than two years, by a number of state and federal authorities including the Australian Criminal Intelligence Commission.
He had been charged shortly after the bombing but the charges were later withdrawn.
The NCA bombing has been one of South Australia's highest-profile cases, with a $1 million reward offered in 2008 for information leading to the conviction of the person or people responsible.
Australian Associated Press