Yass High principal Sandra Hiscock expects classes to resume back at the school site by Monday.
Authorities continue to work on restoring power and water to the site.
Ms Hiscock said specialist rooms will be up and running in time for the new 2013 school year, with demountable facilities housing woodwork, metalwork, two hospitality rooms, textiles and a computer lab.
“We’re building a brand new complex next year during the year. Our kids won’t be disadvantaged in any way, I’ll be making sure of that,’ she said.
She said police had not found any indications the fire was deliberately lit.
“It was a very old building and police are telling me they don’t have any ideas about it being vandalism.
“My feeling is that’s the block a majority of the kids loved to spend time in … I can’t imagine any person wanting to destroy it.”
She understood the previous canteen fire happened under very different circumstances.
“We want to keep the kids very positive about a new beginning. We don’t want them to dwell on this, we need to get them to move forward and be positive.”
She said the community support had been generous.
“We have had so many offers from the community and schools around the state have been offering assistance.”
The school will continue to update its website regarding class locations throughout the week. The school captains are also regularly updating the school’s Facebook page. Parents can also call school administration on 0428 812 120.
The Tribune’s Facebook and website is also regularly updated as information comes to hand.