A Murrumbateman resident's car caught fire at about 1.05pm on Wednesday, while located in the Yass Woolworths carpark.
The owner of the vehicle was entering the store when they noticed smoke coming from under the bonnet. As they contacted NSW Fire and Rescue the car caught fire.
Police patrolling the location at the time noticed the smoke and attended, while NSW Fire and Rescue arrived soon after and quickly extinguished put out the fire.
Police state that at this stage it is believed the car battery was the cause of blaze.
Sign up for our newsletter to stay up to date.