What’s on in Yass
Wednesday, March 14
Bowning Community Meeting
- From 7.30pm, Bowning Community Hall. Mayor Rowena Abbey will present the draft 2018/2019 Operational Plan which details Council's proposed budget, fees and charges and annual list of projects. Other meetings will follow: including March 15 at Murrumbateman Recreation Ground Hall, March 20 at Wee Jasper, March 21 at Gundaroo. For further details and town meetings in coming weeks, go to https://www.yassvalley.nsw.gov.au/whats-on.
Friday, March 16
- Seniors Hall - Apex Units, Rossi Street, Yass, 10am-2pm. This week – Sculpture with Keith Bender. The club opportunities for older people and people with early dementia to engage in community life. The Friday Club is a fun and engaging time where they can get together and participate in a range of activities to help them live independently in our local community. Please make contact before attending your first Friday Club: Yass Valley Home Living Support Service, 02 6226 4555.
Saturday, March 17
Yass Community Market
- At St Augustine’s Hall, Meehan Street, 9.30am-1pm. Larraine Lee goods, handcrafted hats, plus the usual attractions.
Saturday-Sunday, March 17-18
The 2018 Yass Show
- Yass Showground. The show will once again feature popular events and attractions including the antique farm machinery, shearing competition, yard dogs, woodchopping, vintage and veteran cars, show jumping and all the horse and livestock events you would expect to see at a truly agricultural show. Entertainment will include our annual PBR Bullride, magician and baby/small animals. You will also be able to bring your pets for the Pet Competition and see the beautiful dogs of the Yass Dog Show. Yass Show Society Membership is available now, which gives you entry to the show on both days and you can come and go as much as you like. There are no passouts if you just pay at the gate, so membership is a great option! To join go to https://www.yassshow.org.au/join-us
Art exhibition, Visual Arts Society of Yass
- Our very first art exhibition and sale, from 10am-4pm each day on the lawns of Clementine, 104 Meehan St, Yass. Art works, along with great coffee and cake for sale. This is a great opportunity to enjoy art by local artists & friends. For artists it is a great opportunity, in the company of like-minded people, to share examples of the visual art you love doing.
Saturday, March 24
Yass Baby & Kids Market
- From 9.30am at Banjo Paterson Park. The Yass Baby and Kids Market is the major fundraising event for Yass Early Childhood Centre Association. This will be the third time the event has been hosted, and YECCA are pleased to have the support of the Yass Valley Council for our 2018 market. Once again, the Yass Baby and Kids Market will have stalls selling new and handmade children's products and pre-loved children's items. There will also be a host of food and drinks stalls, including waffles, crepes, coffees, sauasage sizzle and more. YECCA has also organised a great line-up of entertainment for the whole family.