There is $41,000 up for grabs to not-for-profit community organisations and groups from Yass Valley Council.
Applications are open between now until December 20 for the council's 2019/20 Community Grants.
To be eligible, applicants are required to meet one or more of the objectives:
- Facilitate and encourage equitable access to community infrastructure and services, such as health care, education and transport.
- Encourage and facilitate active and creative participation in community life.
- Foster and encourage positive social behaviours to maintain our safe, healthy and connected community.
- Recognise and celebrate our diverse cultural identities and protect and maintain our community's natural heritage.
- Maintain our rural lifestyle.
- Protect and enhance the existing natural environment, including flora and fauna native to the region.
- Protect and rehabilitate waterways and catchments.
- Maintain and update existing community facilities and support the development of new community infrastructure as needed.
Successful applications can receive up to $4,000 in matched funding and will be announced at the council's February 26 ordinary meeting.
Find the Community Grants application form on the council's website: www.yassvalley.nsw.gov.au.
Hard copies of the application form are available at the council's office: 209 Comur Street, Yass.