For the first time in just over a month, Southern NSW received no new COVID cases.
The Southern NSW Local Health District (SNSWLHD) were notified of the good news in the 24 hours to 8.00pm last night.
There was, however, one new venue of concern in Goulburn.
Anyone who was at Coles on Sunday, October 3 from 4.30pm to 5.30pm is now a casual contact and must immediately get tested and isolate until a negative result is received.
Staff will be contacted separately by SNSWLHD's Public Health Unit regarding their testing and isolation requirements.
Everyone in the district should still be alert for any symptoms that could signal COVID-19, including headache, nausea, sore throat, runny nose, cough, loss of smell or taste, or fever.
If symptoms appear, people must isolate and get tested immediately, and remain isolated until a negative result is received.
To help stop the spread of COVID-19:
- If you are unwell, get tested and isolate right away - don't delay.
- Wash your hands regularly.
- Take hand sanitiser with you when you go out.
- Keep your distance and leave 1.5 metres between yourself and others.
- Wear a mask indoors and while on or waiting for public transport.
Did you know the Goulburn Post is now offering breaking news alerts and a weekly email newsletter? Keep up-to-date with all the local news: sign up below.